AO Domžale
AO Domžale
Domov | Osebni podatki | Včlanitev | Neprebrana sporočila | Člani | Iskanje | Pogosta vprašanja (FAQ)
Uporabniško ime:
Geslo:

Vsi forumi
 Vzponi članov AO Domžale
 ahead to stay at 13-11 with
 Nova tema  Odgovorite na temo

Avtor Tema  
jinshuiqian0713
Advanced Member

450 sporočil
Poslano - 22/10/2019 :  09:51:22  Informacije o pošiljatelju  Pišite pošiljatelju  Odgovorite s citatom
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Despite being only two games above .500 and facing a 6.5-game deficit against first-place Detroit, the Kansas City Royals believe they have their rivals right where they want them. Judging by recent history, maybe they do. A five-run seventh inning keyed by Omar Infantes two-run single and an RBI double from Eric Hosmer enabled the Royals to avoid a demoralizing four-game sweep against the Tigers on Sunday. It also brought to mind the league-best 33-20 mark they logged last season after stumbling into the All-Star break on a five-game losing streak. "Were eight games better than we were at this time last year," manager Ned Yost said. "And were a second-half team. Weve always been a second-half team." Exactly why they seem to play better after the break, no one seems to know. "Im not sure," designated hitter Billy Butler said. "The seasons long, It wears on guys as they get older. Were young. And sometimes I think as guys get older ... I dont know." But he does know last years second-half surge makes this years challenge seem less daunting. "Were just better the second half. Its our track record and were starting to count on it." Four of the seventh-inning runs were charged to Justin Verlander (8-8), who started the inning with a two-hit shutout but loaded the bases on three straight singles. "Things were going well for us and we ran into the seventh," said Verlander, who lost for just the fifth time in 15 decisions in Kauffman Stadium. "A couple of balls fell in the right spots and Im out of the ballgame. They were able to find some spots." Since June 18 when K.C. beat the Tigers for their 10th straight win and went a season-best seven games over .500, the Royals have gone 9-14 while the Tigers went 17-6. Verlander gave up six hits in 6 1/3 innings, struck out three and walked one. Yordano Ventura (7-7) pitched 1 2/3 innings in his first career relief appearance and got the win. He allowed one hit and struck out three for the Royals, who beat the Tigers for only the first time in seven tries this year at home. Greg Holland pitched a perfect ninth for his 25th save in 26 opportunities. After Raul Ibanez loaded the bases in the seventh with a single that snapped a 0-for-25 skid, Alcides Escobar brought in a run with a slow-rolling infield single that second baseman Ian Kinsler failed to pick up cleanly. A second run then scored on Jarrod Dysons fielders choice. Ian Krol replaced Verlander and after intentionally walking pinch hitter Salvador Perez, gave up a two-run single to Omar Infante that made it 4-2. "I waited for that pitch and made good contact," Infante said. Hosmers double stretched his career-best hitting streak to 13 games. Rajai Davis and Austin Jackson opened the third with back-to-back singles and the Tigers took a 2-0 lead on Miguel Cabreras sacrifice fly and a two-out bloop single by J.D. Martinez, which fell in between shortstop Escobar and left fielder Ibanez as Jackson came around from first. NOTES: Jackson proved a perfect leadoff hitter in this series, starting all four games with a base hit, three singles and a double. ... Martinez made two nifty running catches in the right-field corner. Martinez was also 3 for 4. ... These were the only home games for the Royals during a 19-game stretch that began on June 30 and runs through July 23. ... The Royals, Dodgers, Yankees and Mariners are the only major league teams with losing records at home and winning marks on the road. ... All nine of Detroits hits were singles. [url=https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/]Stitched Marlins Jerseys[/url] . 1 overall pick in the draft by the Houston Texans, is recovering from sports hernia surgery. [url=https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/]Cheap Marlins Jerseys[/url] . Vonn had another scary moment at Saturdays World Cup downhill in Val dIsere, ending up clutching her knee in pain after losing her balance and missing a gate. But she gave a reassuring answer shortly afterward, saying no new damage had been done to the surgically repaired knee, and that her plans for the Sochi Olympics were still intact. https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/. Dallas also Monday recalled defenceman Aaron Rome from his conditioning assignment with the Texas Stars of the American Hockey League and assigned goaltender Jack Campbell to the AHL squad. [url=https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/]Wholesale Marlins Jerseys[/url] . The unrestricted free agent agreed to terms with the club on Thursday on a one-year, two-way deal worth $700,000. [url=https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/]Marlins Jerseys 2020[/url] .J. -- All those records, all for naught.NASHVILLE -- Florida coach Billy Donovan knows his newly top-ranked Gators are an even bigger target for opponents. They just keep finding ways to finish off victories. Dorian Finney-Smith scored 19 points, and Florida, playing its first game at No. 1, held off Vanderbilt 57-54 on Tuesday night to clinch at least a share of its second straight Southeastern Conference title and seventh overall. The Gators are 13-2 in games decided by single digits after losing all six last season, and Donovan said their margin for error is not very big. "Were not an overly talented team, were just not," Donovan said. "And what these guys have done up to this point in time it really has been pretty remarkable in my opinion. Theyve done a really good job. ... But I think sometimes when you see a team with a high ranking you think dominance, you think they just blow everybody out. Thats not what we are or who we are." Patric Young added 12 points for the Gators (26-2, 15-0 SEC), who continued the best season in school history by winning their 20th straight game, and they will have a chance to claim their third SEC title in four years all to themselves with a win against LSU on Saturday. "Humbling to know that we can come from where we were not being able to do it last year and be able to finish out these close games this year," Young said. The Commodores (15-12, 7-8) beat Florida 83-70 the last time the Gators came into Memorial Gym ranked No. 1, on Feb. 17, 2007. Coach Kevin Stallings only has seven healthy scholarship players right now, and they proved no match for Floridas smothering defence and much deeper bench. "We did a good job, but thats why theyre the No. 1 team in the country," Stallings said. "Theyve got weapons. They throw it to the open guy, and that guy usually delivers. Thats why theyve lost two games." The Commodores sure made it interesting. Kyle Fuller missed a tying 3 in the final seconds when Luke Kornet was guarded closely by Young, and Dai-Jon Parker missed a putback attempt. "Coach drew up a play for Luke to run a flare screen, but when he got it Patric was kind of on him," said Fuller, who scored the final seven points for Vandy. "When I got it I thought I creatted enough space, but when it left my hand it just didnt feel right.dddddddddddd" Rod Odom scored 12 points and Parker added 11 as Vanderbilt outshot Florida 48.8 per cent (20 of 41) to 40.4 per cent (21 of 52). The Commodores hit four of eight 3-point attempts in the second half to stay close. The Commodores came in 8-16 all-time against top-ranked teams tapping into what they like to call Memorial magic in Nashville. The old gym wasnt sold out Tuesday night, but fans certainly were as loud as they have been all season trying to urge Vanderbilt to an improbable upset. Florida led 32-25 at halftime and pushed that out to 53-45 only to see Vanderbilt rally each time. Fullers three-point play with 3:16 remaining made it 53-50. Finney-Smith hit a free throw, then Vanderbilt forced a shot clock violation when Wilbekins desperate shot from long range banked off the backboard and rim. Fuller made two free throws with a minute left. Finney-Smith got the ball wide open and knocked down a 3 with 30.6 seconds to go for the clinching basket. Finney-Smith had been in a slump, scoring in double digits only once in the past 11 games. "I just shot the ball with confidence," Finney-Smith said. "Usually, I throw it in for Patric, but the forward was holding for Pat so I could replace, we did a roll and replace, and I was wide open for 3." Fuller answered with a driving layup. Wilbekin dribbled away precious seconds before being fouled only to miss the front end of a 1-and-1. Vanderbilt took a timeout to set up a tying shot but couldnt connect allowing Florida to avoid overtime. Florida outrebounded Vanderbilt 32-26 and had a 13-1 scoring edge in second-chance points. The Gators bench also outscored the Commodores 25-11. The Gators forced 11 of Vanderbilts 16 turnovers in the first half. Even as the Gators swarmed Vanderbilt defensively, pressing early and often, they couldnt shut down the Commodores. Florida scored 13 straight points to take the lead for good in the first half. Wilbekins jumper tied it up, then Casey Prather stole the ball and dunked to put Florida ahead to stay at 13-11 with 11:52 to go. Michael Frazier hit consecutive 3s to cap the spurt and put the Gators up 22-11 and 32-25 at halftime. ' ' '

Nova tema  Odgovorite na temo
Hitri skok :
AO Domžale Andrej Pečjak Pojdite na vrh strani
Snitz Forums 2000